19th Annual Grant Thornton LLP Business Excellence Awards
Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
Of the 200 nominees, it was an honour to be selected as one of the 80 finalists in the 17 categories, and even more special to be selected winner as Entrepreneurial Business of the Year. The awards represented interests from across Vancouver Island. 19th Annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards in Nanaimo, presented by Grant Thornton LLP.
Thank you to everyone who has created and instructed with us over the past two and a half years, it has taken all of us to see this vision come to life. Additionally thank you for the support from our incredible community. We look forward to what will be created in the months and years to come!
NANAIMO – Mazzei Electric of Nanaimo and Victoria was named Business of the Year for over 50 employees at the 19th Annual Grant Thornton LLP Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards at the Vancouver Island Conference Centre Thursday night.
There were 85 finalists for the annual celebration of the best of the best in Island business, and 17 different categories. Skye Ryan of CHEK TV was the emcee.
“Every year there are some amazing success stories that are told at this event,” notes Mark MacDonald of Business Examiner, which coordinates the event. “There is a lot of hard working business people who have put everything they have into their companies, and it’s great to have an evening to celebrate their efforts.”
Grant Thornton LLP is the Title Sponsor of the Awards, and along with Gold Sponsor RBC Royal Bank and Business Examiner hosted a morning-after “Breakfast For Champions” business round table for winners of the event.
Black Press wass a Platinum Medium Sponsor of the BE Awards this year, and Elite Promotion Marketing and the Vancouver Island Conference Centre were also Gold Sponsor. Category sponsors include Helijet, Country Grocer, Vancouver Island Coach Lines, B.E. Digital, Grieg Seafood, Invest Comox Valley, and Coastal Community Credit Union.
Congratulations to all participants
• Automotive: Cowichan Auto Repair of Duncan.
* Brewery: Twin City Brewing of Port Alberni.
• Construction/ Development/Real Estate: Tectonica of Nanaimo.
• Entrepreneur: McTavish Academy of Art of Saanich.
• Food & Food Production: Urban Bee Honey Farm of Victoria.
• Green: J. Zsiros Contracting of Courtenay.
• Health Care: Bayshore Home Health of North Saanich.
• Hospitality: Crystal Cove Beach Resort of Tofino.
• Manufacturer: VMAC Air of Nanaimo.
• Professional: Waymark Architecture of Victoria.
• Retail: M & N Mattress of Parksville.
* Technology: Trich Analytics of Victoria.
• Tourism: Surf Sister Surf School of Victoria.
• Trades: Westcom Plumbing & Gas of Sooke.
* Wood Products: D&H Woodworks of Sooke.
• Small Business: VI Creature Teachers of Campbell River.