Creative Arts Instructor Job Posting
McTavish Academy of Art is looking for an artist with leadership experience to host and instruct painting parties and art themed events for all ages. The majority of the events will be at our facility in North Saanich, but occasionally participating in community events will be required so access to reliable transportation is important. This is a part time position to start, mostly evenings and weekends with room to grow. Compensation will be based on experience and availability.
- coordination booking of events
- generating supply lists for events
- setting up before and cleaning up after each event
- generating a “painting plan” in various styles for each event
- independently host and instruct various groups in a clear, energetic and well paced manner
- Instruction of beginner classes (primarily acrylics, drawing would be awesome as well)
- inventory management of art supplies
- participating in community events
- 19 or older
- comfortable leading and teaching of groups people of different ages and abilities
- able to break down a painting into a step-by-step process
- able to provide encouraging feedback and support to promote customer success
- reliable and patient
- able to manage time efficiently to ensure smooth class flow
- energetic and passionate about art and teaching
- previous experience teaching, organizing or hosting parties/events, or customer service is a plus
- formal art training is a plus, but not required
About the work environment:
McTavish Academy Of Art (MAOA) transformed an 18,000 sq. ft. school in North Saanich into a vibrant and creative arts facility. MAOA is a center where the community can connect and explore their creativity, expand on talents, explore new ones and host amazing events. This bring cross generational collaboration, family and learning to life through the arts.
Our instructors will be able to use our venue for their personal art practice.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and portfolio or link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.
No phone calls please. We will be reviewing applications starting February 26th. Thank you!