- Session: Oct 18th – Nov 22nd (6 wks)
- Two times to select from (New evening session)
- Day/Time: Tuesday’s 12:30-3pm
- Day/Time: Tuesday’s 5:45 – 8:15pm
- Session: Feb 21st – Mar 28th (6 wks)
- Two times to select from
- Day/Time: Tuesday’s 9-11:30am
- Day/Time: Tuesday’s 5:45-8:15pm
- Experience: All are welcome
- Instructor: Steve Chmilar
- Cost: $270 / 6 classes (Supplies required)
Learn the fundamentals of drawing in a fun, relaxed classroom setting. This interactive course will guide you through the basic techniques of mark making and measurement. You will play with line, form, shape, shading and perspective. Your instructor will provide demos and one-on-one tips. After six sessions, you will have practiced the skills that will support a lifelong journey in drawing.
Steve Chmilar is one of Canada’s foremost New Contemporary painters. Since his debut show at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria in 2011, he has painted full-time by selling his work internationally to private collectors. In 2012, he won best in show at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibit (Canada’s largest juried exhibition) and Prix De La Meilleure Oeuvre (Prize for Best Work) Mtl en Arts in Montreal. Please view Steve’s bio in the instructors tab for more information.
Please note: We maintain small class sizes to ensure a personalized and welcoming environment. Each student will have their own table to create on in a large, well lit 900 sq ft studio with lots natural light studio. We continue to follow all guidelines from public health officials.