Daring to Co-Create You Will:
* Explore ways to carve out time from your schedule to nurture your creativity
* Take an honest inventory of your personal delay tactics, and how you numb and shield against powerlessness, vulnerability, disappointment and the fear of rejection
* Trust in the process; be willing and able to be vulnerable with your emotions
* Acquire a degree of shame resilience; avoid numbing by increasing your emotional and spiritual resilience
* Honor your emotions so you have clarity about how to create a meaningful piece of creative work.
* Transforming the yin energy as an Artist into the yang energy of the Artist Manager
* Turning your dreams into reality
* Network with Your Career and Passion Tribe
1. Finding Time to Create
2. Overcoming Distractions
3. Overcoming Forcing the Process
4. Creating Meaningful Pieces
5. Getting Over the Fear of What People Think
6. Turning Dreams into Reality
* Dare to Co-Create Workbook ($77 value included in course cost)
* Doreen Virtue’s the Courage to be Creative
* Familiarity with Brene Brown’s work is an asset
As a child I loved to colour. I took my colouring books everywhere. As I got older, I added reading and writing, outside, as favorite pass-times. I used to joke, during my bachelor of science, about how I got to colour maps (Geography) and go on field trips (Ecology) just like I did in kindergarten! But my science professors were not too impressed with my written assignments; they were “too flowery”.
As children we express ourselves freely. It is as we grow up that many of us are told to put away our playthings, and to become more serious about our studies. For many our natural birthright as creative beings gets lost or eroded over time, and replaced with fears, inhibitions and other barriers. I, myself, developed my logical left-brain way of thinking. And yet, even then creativity was a handy side-kick teaching me how to overcome challenges. Since then creativity has become a way of life as necessary, for me, as breathing and eating.
At the time Brene Brown was experiencing her Breakdown (strikeout “breakdown”) Spiritual Awakening – that resulted in her book The Gifts of Imperfection: Your Guide to a Wholehearted Life – I was completing my graduate work on fostering creativity through Wholehearted education. I discovered that creativity induces optimal experiences known as Flow (Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi ), giving me a foundation to describe what I experienced on a constant basis, so that I could teach it to others! It was when I read Doreen Virtue’s the Courage to be Creative that I thought, “I could have written this book.” I decided then and there to teach: the Courage to Co-Create.
To me, creativity holds two gifts for all of humanity:
1. Creativity is a way to experience happiness on a continued basis; and,
2. It is through creativity that we will solve all of the problems we experience.
It is for this reason that I encourage everyone – from every field and discipline – to dare to be creative.