This introduction to interior design course is designed for students wanting an overview of the subject for their own home projects or for anyone considering a career in the industry. The approach is practical with a combination of design exercises, advice on how to plan a room layout and how to create a cohesive design scheme by developing ideas from a basic concept to finished presentation boards. Emphasis will be placed on how to achieve a successful decorative scheme with effective use of colour and texture to a given client brief. Students will have the opportunity to put together a story board and will be shown how to do this in a professional way. There will also be plenty of opportunities for questions and answers during the length of the course.
For students to gain a comprehensive understanding of the residential design process and how to apply these skills and techniques in a real world setting.
- Date: Mondays, January 21 – February 25, 2019
- Time: 5:30 – 8:30pm
- Instructor: Jude Barkley
- Experience: Open to everyone
- Age Range: 16+
- Investment: $395 +supplies
A minimum of 5 participants required for the course to run as scheduled. This program does not qualify for December promo. Thank you.
• Measuring tape with both Imperial and Metric
• Staedtler Architectural Scale – Style #31
• ¼” Scale House Furnishing Template
• 0.7mm Mechanical Pencil
• Staedtler White Vinyl Eraser
• ¼” Graph Paper Pad (8 ½ x 11)
• Hot Glue Gun (small inexpensive)
• Large Glue Stick
• Sharp pair of scissors