- Session: Mondays, Sept 30th – Nov 4th (6 weeks)
- Time: 5:30 – 8:30pm
- Instructor: Jude Barkley
- Experience: Open to everyone
- Age Range: 16+
- Investment: $395 +supplies
A minimum of 5 participants required for the course to run as scheduled.
This introduction to interior design course is designed for students wanting an overview of the subject for their own home projects or for anyone considering a career in the industry. The approach is practical with a combination of design exercises, advice on how to plan a room layout and how to create a cohesive design scheme by developing ideas from a basic concept to finished presentation boards. Emphasis will be placed on how to achieve a successful decorative scheme with effective use of colour and texture to a given client brief. Students will have the opportunity to put together a story board and will be shown how to do this in a professional way. There will also be plenty of opportunities for questions and answers during the length of the course.
For students to gain a comprehensive understanding of the residential design process and how to apply these skills and techniques in a real world setting.
• Measuring tape with both Imperial and Metric
• Staedtler Architectural Scale – Style #31
• ¼” Scale House Furnishing Template
• 0.7mm Mechanical Pencil
• Staedtler White Vinyl Eraser
• ¼” Graph Paper Pad (8 ½ x 11)
• Hot Glue Gun (small inexpensive)
• Large Glue Stick
• Sharp pair of scissors