McTavish Academy Of Art is a community focused centre where you can explore your creativity, discover new passions and experience a variety of events and activities. We strive to provide space for our growing community to feel empowered and encouraged to express themselves through art, movement and community engagement.
We are looking for a creative individual to join our team to work on the design, development and production of art projects and programs. The projects designed will be for kids, teens and adults to create and experiment with. They will be used for in person programming and art kits for creation at home. This is a unique creative position that will have you experimenting with many types of art projects.
Outline of the position:
- Developing new ideas for art projects
- Collaborating in team brainstorming sessions
- Ability to transform ideas into Vector format using programs such as Illustrator
- Production and packaging of art kits
- Use of laser cutting and engraving machine
- Have a passion for art and creativity
- Background/experience in architecture and/or engineering is a bonus
- Post Secondary degree is not required but must have technical/design abilities through hands on experience
- Creative portfolios are encouraged in application
Some examples of projects could be gear boxes, animals, dinosaurs, clocks, bridges, buildings, marble runs, abstract kinetic structures, windmills, lamps, engines and more. The possibilities are endless using materials such as wood, acrylic, fabric, paper and more.
We are located at 1720 McTavish Rd in North Saanich. An 18,000 sq ft facility on 4.2 acres with indoor and outdoor studios to work in. Fun, creative and inspiring workspace surrounded by nature.
This position will be 30-40 hours per week until end of August with the potential to continue on full time. Compensation will be $20-$25 per hour depending on experience.
To apply, please email Sean
Application deadline is Friday July 24th