- Students are required to supply their own sewing machine.
- Irons and ironing boards will be provided.
- Pattern supplied
- Please put your name on your tools to avoid mix-ups!
Detailed supplies list (Student to Bring with them):
- Sewing machine in good working order with a new 80/12 needle (don’t forget your manual and foot control!)
- Walking foot for your machine
- Quarter-inch foot if you have one
- Fabrics and batting as listed on pattern
- 45mm rotary cutter
- 6.5″ X 24″ acrylic ruler for rotary cutting
- 24″ X 36″ self-healing cutting mat
- Fabric according to pattern
- Neutral coloured (ivory, beige, grey) 100% cotton thread for piecing – pre-wind a couple of bobbins before class
- Matching thread for quilting – we will discuss this prior to the machine quilting portion of the workshop
- Straight pins
- Measuring tape
- Seam ripper
- Water-soluble marker
- Size 2 curved basting pins
- Mary Ellen’s Best Press (optional, but recommended)
Diane Boyer is a long-time sewist and quilter who is a self-confessed “fabricaholic”. She loves to share her passion for all things sewing related, and is a member of the Victoria Modern Quilt Guild. She also enjoys spending time with her two wonderful daughters and son-in-law, collecting fabric, living on beautiful Vancouver Island, crafting, painting, and collecting more fabric.