- Session: Sept 8th – Oct 27th (8 wks)
- Session: Nov 3rd – Dec 22nd (8 wks)
- Day/Time: Thursday’s 6:15-7:15pm
- Skill Level: Accessible to everyone
- Thursday Instructor: Janet Budden
- Cost: $128
This class, taught in the Kripalu tradition, is a mindful, non-judgemental practice and is accessible and beneficial for all levels – whether you are a beginner or a seasoned yogi.
A typical class begins with a short grounding practice, warm-up movements and breath awareness to prepare each student for yoga postures. It also helps to integrate you into the yoga room – away from the busy-ness of everyday life, fostering a caring and nurturing space.
The practice then moves on to a sequence of poses to stretch, strengthen and balance the body. Students are encouraged to explore each pose at their own pace, and to find their “edge” – that place where they feel challenged but not uncomfortable. Modifications will be offered throughout the practice, and students are encouraged to rest as needed.
The practice ends with Shavasana – final relaxation – where you settle into calmness … quiet … relaxed … drifting away …sometimes even napping. Many people say this is their favourite part of the class.
We look forward to having you join us in the studio. We offer pre-registered series to ensure we maintain small class sizes providing lots of space to setup in the studio. This also provides a more welcoming environment, personalized feel and connection to the instructor alongside the ability to grow your practice through the series. To secure your space please register early and we will see you soon!
* Special Note for Drop in: If there is space remaining in the series drop in spots will be available through the website. If you would like to be notified about drop in spots please send us an email to admin@mctavishacademy and we will add you to notification. Thank you