- Session: Flash Fiction, Introduction to 100-word stories
- Date: Saturday, December 10th
- Date: Saturday, April 29th
- Time: 12-4pm
- Instructor: Angela M Cowan
- Experience: Open to everyone
- Ages: 16+
- Cost: $45/session
- Supplies: Please bring a notebook and a pen, any other supplies will be provided.
Also called microfiction, 100-word stories distil a story or character down to its most impacting moment. Similar to haiku, they are a short but poignant art form which, when written well, leave the reader with a lasting emotional impression. This workshop offers a series of multi-sensory prompts to inspire participants to write their own 100-word stories, as well as in-class feedback from the instructor and other participants.
Instructor: Angela M Cowan is a professional writer and editor with more than eight years’ experience writing for lifestyle magazines and newspapers, and was a BC Yukon Community Newspaper Award Winner in 2015. She has had poetry published in Quills Canadian Poetry and digitally with Leaf Press Publishing, and has taken workshops with writer and poet Julie Paul and noted author Nick Bantock. Angela is passionate about helping others tap into their creativity, and leads a warm and welcoming workshop. Find her at www.angelamcowan.com