- Session: Sunday, April 26th
- Time: 10am – 4pm (one hour for lunch)
- Experience: Beginners
- Age Range: 14+
- Investment: $85
- Supplies: All supplies included, but there are a few listed below you may like to bring
Join mixed media artist, Lucie Duclos, and learn how to incorporate fabric, thread, and found objects to add interest and dimension to your paper collages.
In this class you will learn how to work with:
1. Shapes and negative space
2. Fabric and how to turn it into collage material
3. Stitching on paper, by hand and with a sewing machine
4. Incorporating other elements like leaves, buttons, bark, wire, etc.
All materials are included. If you have a sewing machine, please bring it, if not, there will be a few in the classroom for you to use. You can also bring a small stash of collage papers, fabric and any interesting objects flat enough to stitch on (like buttons, beads or flattened dry leaves). There will be plenty in the classroom for you to use but feel free to bring some of your own. Get ready to have fun expanding your collage techniques and style!