- Pen: one straight pen,
- Ink: one bottle, colour of your choice
- Nib: one crow quill, or 101 or mapping nib, or a selection.
- Paper: one or two sheets of BFK Rives
- Optional: One squirrel mop, to sweep those colours into a new dimension. Bryony carries these and they are available for purchase in the classroom.
- Misc: paper towels, jar for water, photograph or ‘objet’ that means something however, Bryony will bring flowers and a bird or two, and that might inspire you!
Island Blue Print is most able and willing to help you with all of your supply needs, and Bryony has a stock of inks she is happy to share with you.
British born artist Bryony Wynne-Jones is influenced by the great tradition of botanical art in the UK.Bryony paints what she loves and she also loves to paint and to impart that joy to her students. Her statement could be simply to say that she adores nature and all of its miraculous detail, form function, and variety. The fact that it is always accessible and perfect in its way. She enjoys the challenge to represent it in many different applications with watercolor, pen and ink, and pencil.
The choices of portraying nature in different ways is vast. Dare to evolve and when in doubt do. She does not limit her style and knows that some subjects lend themselves to a different interpretation. all-in-all let it flow. Never block the excitement by worrying about anyone else’s opinion. Art is personal; let your person shine through.