- Session: Stay tuned for future dates
- Time: 9:30 – 3:30pm
- Instructor: Bryony Wynne-Jones
- Skill Level: Beginners-Intermediate
- Cost: $70
- Supplies can be provided for the session for $20
- Additional dates for fall 2022 coming soon
Join Bryony for a foray into the lovely medium of pen and ink and create some beautiful results. Using flowers, birds, fruits and veggies, one can be as detailed or free flowing as you like. There are many rich and lustrous colours in inks but one bottle of your choice, a straight pen and nib, and you are ready to go!
- Pen: one straight pen,
- Ink: one bottle, colour of your choice
- Nib: one crow quill, or 101 or mapping nib, or a selection.
- Paper: one or two sheets of BFK Rives
- Optional: One squirrel mop, to sweep those colours into a new dimension. Bryony carries these and they are available for purchase in the classroom.
- Misc: paper towels, jar for water, photograph or ‘objet’ that means something however, Bryony will bring flowers and a bird or two, and that might inspire you!
British born artist Bryony Wynne-Jones is influenced by the great tradition of botanical art in the UK.Bryony paints what she loves and she also loves to paint and to impart that joy to her students. Her statement could be simply to say that she adores nature and all of its miraculous detail, form function, and variety. The fact that it is always accessible and perfect in its way. She enjoys the challenge to represent it in many different applications with watercolor, pen and ink, and pencil.
The choices of portraying nature in different ways is vast. Dare to evolve and when in doubt do. She does not limit her style and knows that some subjects lend themselves to a different interpretation. all-in-all let it flow. Never block the excitement by worrying about anyone else’s opinion. Art is personal; let your person shine through.